Sunday, January 30, 2011

Milestones to Success

I'm pretty excited that with this posting, I will more than likely meet one of my personal milestones, 100 pageviews on my blog! I appreciate everyone who stops by and checks out the updates. I know that 100 pageviews isn't a huge accomplishment. There are plenty of websites out there that get hundreds, even thousands of views every hour (some of them even feature people with their cloths ON!!)

The fact that it isn't a gigantic success isn't the point. Just like with your personal progress with the guitar, there is nothing wrong with setting small goals for yourself. First learn one chord shape, then two, then learn how to take three chords and play a blues progression. It doesn't have to be huge, just keep moving forward. The point for me is that it is helping me to organize my thoughts and my practice routines, and most importantly, helping others learn to enjoy guitar the way that I've come to enjoy it. I have received several emails from you guys, saying that you have been thinking about starting, but never really had the motivation to take the plunge. The questions range from gear recommendations for beginners, to fears about how difficult starting to play may be. That is awesome, because it's exactly what I want this blog to be. I want to help others learn and grow musically, which I believe, also helps them learn and grow personally.

So keep the questions coming! Tell your friends about it! Eventually, I would like to get enough followers to get the attention of some vendors and retailers, and be able to give away some gear to help make it even easier to get started... Nothing easier than free stuff. The next goal is 10 followers, so next imte you stop in, be sure to register and become a follower. Thanks again, and I'm looking forward to talking to you again soon!

As always, don't forget;

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

B

No comments:

Post a Comment